Lentils are a staple ingredient in Indian cuisine and very rich in fiber and protein. Red lentils have a particularly nutty aroma and a slightly mealy consistency. With TRS Red Lentils you can prepare traditional Indian dishes.
Red lentils, also known as Masoor Dal or Lal Masoor, are split and skinned Whole Brown Lentils. They are pink when raw and turn golden or yellow when cooked with Haldi. This legume cooks faster than other dals and can also be prepared in a pot instead of in a pressure cooker. In this case, it has to be soaked for an hour and then boiled with lots of water for easy cooking.
- Lentils have a short cooking time and excellently absorb the flavor of the other ingredients.
- In-ground form, lentil flour is also used for pappadum or papad dough.
- Delicious khichdi can also be prepared by adding masoor dal, rice and spices.
- It can also be served as a soup when some vegetables or meat/ chicken is added to it.
- It is used to make a vegetable stew.