Citric Acid 100g. Citric Acid is a natural preservative and is used to add an acidic, or sour, taste to foods and soft drinks.
- Citric acid is a weak organic acid that has a molecular formula.
- It occurs naturally in citrus fruits.
- In biochemistry, it is an intermediate in the citric acid cycle, which occurs in the metabolism of all aerobic organisms.
- Citric Acid is a natural preservative and is used to add an acidic or sour, taste to foods and soft drinks.
- Citric acid occurs naturally in many fruits and is used as a food flavoring and preservative,
- It has a sharp citrus flavor similar to lemon juice and can be used as a substitute.
- Food flavoring and preservative.
- Cosmetics and personal care products.
- Citric acid is naturally concentrated in a variety of fruits and vegetables and is particularly concentrated in lemons and limes.
- Commonly used as a food additive as a natural flavoring and a preservative,
- citric acid is also used in cosmetics, for medical purposes, as an antioxidant, and in cleaning products.
- It is widely used in the food industry as an additive because of its low price and its ease of production.
- Some people specifically add it to their food to alter taste.
- The acid is also heavily used in the preparation and production of Vitamin C as a flavoring.
- The acid is declared safe to consume by all major government food regulatory bodies.
- Besides its use as an additive, citric acid is also commonly used as a natural food preservative.