The MDH Karahi Paneer Masala is a type of spice blend that is used for Indian cheese paneer. It is a mixture of high-quality Indian spices that go very well with hard cubes of cheese, or what they call Paneer. It is famous among people in India who follow a vegetarian diet.
MDH KARAHI PANEER MASALA INGREDIENTS
The MDH Karahi Paneer Masala contains the following:
- Red Chili
- Garlic flakes
- Fenugreek leaves and seeds
- Dry ginger
- Black pepper
WHAT IS KARAHI PANEER MASALA?
Paneer is a versatile ingredient that is used as a meat substitute among many Indian households. Because of the Hindu population in India, a lot of people are non-meat eaters. A Paneer dish is a stirfry Indian cuisine using fresh tomatoes and the zing of coriander seeds to create a rich masala.
Karahi is a type of pan used by Indians when cooking almost all dishes, especially curry. The Karahi is the perfect shape to allow heat to penetrate the ingredients and add that authentic flavour from spices.
Garam Masala or Masala is a spice mix usually in paste or powder form used for Indian dishes. Masala has a reddish colour and is added to curry dishes to add more flavour and spiciness. There are various blends of Masala, each offering different tastes and experiences for your curry dishes, depending on how you want to prepare them.
HOW TO PREPARE KARAHI PANEER MASALA:
- Prepare your Karahi or a heavy-based pan. Heat 60g of cooking oil, and fry 100g of coarsely-chopped red onions until they are golden brown.
- Add in 120g of cubed tomatoes, 30g juliennes of green capsicum, and 20g of Karahi Paneer Masala. Stirfry it in your pan for about 150 mins.
- Cut 300g of Paneer or hard cheese, and pour it in with the tomato-onion paste.
- Add little water as needed, check the taste, and add salt according to your preference. Now it is ready to be served.
- You can also garnish your dish with mashed leaves, lemon juice, and Kasoori Methi leaves. This preparation can serve 2-3 people.